cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hiding a service from a particular group of users on the front page

Shane O'Hanlon
Level 1
Level 1

Hiding a service without using permissions.

I am looking to a hide a service depending on the value in a field on that comes from the "Extension Information" on the person record. I know I can hide a user by OU etc on the permissions tab but  would like to check a value in this field and if it equals the correct condition hide the serice from those users, if not allow the users to see it. Is there a way we could implement this. For the suers who could see it I would want it to appear under tis category and be searchable but not for the users with the undesirable value in the extension field.

Thanks a lot,

4 Replies 4

Ordering permissions can be configured for OUs, People, Groups, Positions and Roles. If you want to accomplish this via Directory Integration, you would need to create a user-defined role, permission the service only for that role, then map people into that role via some attribute in your LDAP/Active Directory.  

Shane O'Hanlon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ed,

Thanks a lot for the information. I don't actually know how to map people into the role using the attirbute. Would these poeple have to be added one by one or is there a way of just adding them all at once using the custom field.

Thanks,

Shane

Hi Shane,

The Directory Integration User and API Guide has instructions for mapping users to roles. Depending upon your specific Import Person directory integration settings, you would generally not need to add these people one by one.

Typically, organizations set the events which trigger a user record refresh (Import Person) as part of their directory integration configuration. The available events are: Person Lookup for Order on Behalf, Person Lookup for Service Form; Person Lookup for Authorization Delegate. Check with your technical team to validate how this is currently configured for your site.

Shane O'Hanlon
Level 1
Level 1

Ed,

Thanks again for all the information. This has really made things a lot easier for me and I appreciate all the guidance. This solution should definitely meet our needs.

Shane