cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you manage RequestCenter in your organization?

How do you manage RequestCenter in your organization?

We are involved in discussions/debate as to where RequestCenter/Request Management falls in the organization.

Some feel that building services in RC constitutes development and thus should fall under the companies development organization and be managed as such (e.g. Code Management, Version Control, Code Migration Policies, Separation of Duties etc.). Others feel it is not development and fits in the engineering/operations side of the house and managed accordingly.

We are currently managing RC/Request Management in our engineering/operations side of the house. Most of the team do not have “hard core” development backgrounds and are doing quite well with the product, although a little development knowledge does help.

From the newScale website – “Active Form Components: For an actionable Service Catalog with streamlined request fulfillment, end users must be able to easily request services using an intuitive and interactive online form. With the new active form components feature, service designers can quickly create and update complex interactive form elements that can be re-used throughout the catalog without any programming required.”

I would be interested to know how your company is managing your installation of RC in your organization.

2 Replies 2

Keith Berlin
Level 1
Level 1

I see RC as falling in the operations side of the organization, and that's how we'll likely develop support for the service.  We're new to implementing the product, so I can't give any advice on past experience, just my vision for the product and how we might develop and roll services out to the organization.

Keith Berlin
Level 1
Level 1

I see RC as falling in the operations side of the organization, and that's how we'll likely develop support for the service.  We're new to implementing the product, so I can't give any advice on past experience, just my vision for the product and how we might develop and roll services out to the organization.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: