Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to ennable/disable a field or check the status of a field

I'd like to ennable/ disable a field, and check if a field is ennabled or disabled. Does anyone know the methods for this?

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Both Enable and Disable are available field actions when configuring a Conditional Rule. Also, when configuring the conditions for a Conditional Rule, you can check whether a particular field exists on the form, or is hidden, visible, etc.

what is the context? serviceForm.dictionaryName.fieldName.?????

I'd like to know.

Also is there a way of knowing if a field is set as hidden or mandatory in the DISPLAY tab or if it was configured that way in a conditional rule? My understanding is that if a field is set as hidden/read only etc, it cannot be changed in a conditional rule; therefore can i assume the attributes of a field that is hidden permanently differs from a field that is set to hidden in a conditional rule?

thanks.

Re: How to ennable/disable a field or check the status of a fiel

Hi Miriam,

Good news here. The specific syntax for each of our ISF functions is in the Active Form Components Guide in Chapter 3: ISF Application Programming Interface (API). There are some things that one can do with Conditional Rules which cannot be done with ISF and visa versa -- I have attached a PDF which provides a side-by-side comparison:

You are correct that behaviors which are set in display properties cannot be modified using either conditional rules or javascript.

I had a problem where dropdowns that were populated from the Standards Table wouldn't allow me to set them as Read-Only.  Doing this allowed me to automate some other dropdowns and reuse the form over several services, so there was actually a reason for this.

Anyway, I used this to force the dropdown to Read-Only after it was populated, since Javascript runs after the Conditional Rules.

JS_Z_SetReadOnly (theobject){
 var myselect=document.getElementById(theobject);
 myselect.disabled = 1;
}

What I passed to it was the FormName.DictionaryFieldName in single quotes - 'CMN_Chargeback.OfficeNumber'.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content