Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

How to import a Automation TAP file via PowerShell Script

Hi All,

I want to import a Automation TAP file which includes basic process via Powershell script. I don't want to use CPO UI to import the Automation TAP file.

Could anyone please help me to get the Powershell script.

Thanks,

Prashant

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Automated importing of TAPs

Automated importing of TAPs is not supported at this time. It is in the roadmap for 3.1.0.

Cisco Employee

But is it possible if i want

But is it possible if i want to import a general tap without target/runtime user?

Cisco Employee

You should be able to import

You should be able to import a TAP (without runtime user in it) through the PowerShell custom command-let, Import-OrchestratorAutomationPack.  You can use "Get-Help" to get information on how to use this command-let.

Cisco Employee

I am using the below command

I am using the below command -

Import-OrchestratorAutomationPack -path "$tapfilepath"

But it's not working.

For eg, created a process :

param($snapidname, $tapfilepath)
Add-PSSnapin -name $snapidname
Import-OrchestratorAutomationPack -path "$tapfilepath"

Cisco Employee

I have a few questions.Is the

I have a few questions.

1. Is the script run on a PO server machine?  The PowerShell custom snap-in only exists on a PO server machine (not remote console machine)
  2. I assume that $nsapidname is "CorePSSnapin", right?
  3. Does your script report any error?
  4. See if the Import-orchestratorAutomationPack command-let works if you manually run it from the "Cisco Process Orchestrator PowerShell" console.  (It's in the Cisco Process Orchestrator folder under the Start menu).
Cisco Employee

Thanks. It's working fine now

Thanks. It's working fine now. 

Executed the script manually in powershell cli.

Cisco Employee

Hi  Praghav,     Can you

Hi  Praghav,

Can you please confirm that power shell scripts are working for import tap file.Could you please share me the code snippet if you have. Thanks for the considering..

-Anil

Cisco Employee

Cisco Process Orchestrator 3

Cisco Process Orchestrator 3.0 was shipped with a custom PowerShell snapin (CorePSSnapin).  This snap-in has an Import-OrchestratorAutomationPack command-let that you can use to import a TAP file.

Note: This command-let does not support all the features that the Automation Pack Import Wizard does.  it cannot import TAP that contains a runtime user object in it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content