Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to modify a CSS file?

I modified the custom.css as instructed in Configuration document. I saved my change in the folder "1", but when I went to view the change on the service form the change don't take affect. Are there other steps I need to follow?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The folders under "custom"

The folders under "custom" directory are the various custom style directories.  Unless you have mapped this directory to an Organizational Unit that this user belongs to, you won't see this style taking. 

This PowerPoint deck has some pretty detailed instructions for setting up a new CSS style.  It is for Prime Service Catalog 10.0 and newer, but the same principle applies for earlier versions.   Do note that versions prior to 10.0 are not as customizable by CSS.

Thank you, but I was unable

Thank you, but I was unable to locate the deck you are referring too. Can this deck be found in the documentation?

Actually, the version I was trying to modify was 9.4, but we are in the process of updating to 10R2 and if I understand this version's CSS can be modified.

Thanks!

Cisco Employee

Apologies.  The deck is

Apologies.  The deck is available in the "Documents" section of this forum.  Here is the URL:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12219371/cisco-prime-service-catalog-100-css-guide. ; You are correct that the instructions in the deck apply to 10.0 only. 

The sample custom style directory on 9.4 contains some example*.css files but they don't offer the same level of customizability as 10.x.  If you are updating to 10.0R2 now, it's better to start the CSS work on 10.0 R2.

Views
Helpful
Replies