Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to override automated authorization with 'Select person'

Hi

We have many services that needs nearest manager's authorization. However, in certain situations the approver should be another person other than the nearest manager. Example, when a secretary orders a new PC for a production line which needs to be approved by a shopfloor supervisor instead. newScale says this is possible. Has anyone else tried it and can help instruct us on the setup? Please provide instruction in dummy-prove & non-technical language.

Thanks.

• Intelligent Automation
Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

You would have two authorization tasks. One for nearest manager and one for the manager that is selected by the user. On the form have a radio button fields that asks the question: "Does this service require approval by someone other than your line manager?" or simlar with yes and no radio buttons.

On the authorization tasks for line manager/nearest manger approval have a condition which requires the question to be "No", if no is selected in the form the nearest manager task will trigger. On the "other" manager have the opposite condition, thus it requires the question to be "yes". If the user selects "Yes" that task will trigger instead. Set up the task to go to whomever the user has selected on the form as their "other manager". This selection field could be set up only to be shown if the y select Yes to the question.

hope that helps.

Hi Shane
Thank you very much for the easy to understand explanation. I'll try it out.

Hi Shane
I tried out your instruction, and it seems to work. So now I'll do more testing before going production with it. Thank you  very much.

I tried out Shane's suggestion and got the 2-tier authorization to work. However, I don't know how I can 'force' the first authorizer to complete the 'Select person' field in order to proceed to authorize; he/she can't approve if the field is empty .

I tried making the field visible and mandatory during 'Ordering' moment, but it doesn't work. in this instant there are 2 'Ordering' moments so how would that apply?

Lastly, can I add an instruction (e.g. an alert) during that moment ? If so, how?

I hope someone is able to help. Thanks a lot.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.