Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to plan task with different steps with notification to the different queues

We have a couple of services which we'd like to build in more than 1 approval with other task(s) in between the approvals.

For example:

1. Customer completes form & submits order.
  2. Approval by the customer's organization.
  3. If approved, mail sent to service provider for quotation,
    1. service provider fills in the mandatory fields
    2. Close task (via 'Done' button?)
  4. Mail sent to the customer's organization for financial approval.
    1.  Approver approves or reject quote
      • If approve, task sent to our HP ServiceCenter system
      • If reject, close task & requisition.

For 1st approval we're considering using the Service Group Authorization. For steps 3 onwards, we're considering using Service Form, where the service provider & 2nd approval carry out their parts via the form. But I can't seem to get the system to trigger a mail after the service provider has completed their quote.

Has anyone tried this, or can advice how we can get this process to work? Thank you very much.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES

How to plan task with different steps with notification to the d

I forgot to mention that the tasks are performed by different service providers and approvers depending on the customer's organization or the field of expertise.

For example, if the customer is from Division A then both approvals are performed by group of person or specific persons appointed in Division A.

If the field of expertise is SAP, then the quote is made by SAP-group (service provider); if Web then by Web-group & so forth.

Hi Christine,

The 'when a task starts' email triggers should function if you're doing it all in different tasks (be they Approvals or Delivery tasks)?  Does the Comments & History section of the requisition indicate whether any thing is attempting to fire?

We had an issue with earlier versions where, for some reason, emails would block up and queue and we'd need to restart RC to get the queue to clear - not sure what version you're on, but I think it was when we were on either 2008.1 or 2007.1

Thanks!

Ant

The different emails should be trigger by each individual task. The Comments & History just show that the last task has been carried out. It doesn't show that it's trying to trigger the next task - maybe ServiceLink will be able to show if any job is being held up?

By the way, we're not running on the latest version but on 2008.3. Maybe I can ask our technical guy to check the ServiceLink to see if anything is being held up. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content