Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

How to send a delayed notification email?

I have a requirement to send an email to the service requestor 2 days after the main fulfillment task is completed.  I know I can create a task that auto-completes using the Dummy adapter, but is there a way to make it auto complete after a certain amount of time has elapsed?  I was thinking about creating a second fulfillment task that would send this email upon completion, but I can't figure out how to delay its start or its end. 

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

I don't know if you've tried this, but could you capture the date/time that the fulfillment task is closed, add two days and set that as the start date for the auto-complete task?  Just don't start the auto-complete task until it becomes active rather than at approval.

It's just a thought off the top of my head... I don't know if it'll work or not.

Hi Tylor,

James is onto a potential approach here. However, the only way I know of that could work is to use the Scheduled Start feature. This would require that you compute/project the start date of the auto-complete task before the delivery moment begins.

You would need to do a date calculation and then store the projected date in a hidden field. You could then have your auto-complete task fire on that computed date, using the Scheduled Start feature.

The wrinkle here, of course, is t

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content