cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Show/Hide fields on one dictionary based on a value from a different dictionary on the AFC.

I want to create a rule where I define the value of a field on one dictionary and it will show/hide fields on other dictionaries in the AFC. Right now, it only applies to the dictionary where I am defining the value.

3 Replies 3

Carol Josefek
Level 1
Level 1

Debbie - You should be able to do this.  We have done this before.  When you are in the conditional rule on the second step where you "define Rule Actions" where you want to show/hide fields, can you scroll down to the "All dictionaries"?

Yes I can see all dictionaries.

Carol Josefek
Level 1
Level 1

If you have DictionaryA with Fields 1 and Dictionary B with Fields 2 and 3.  If you only want to show Dictionary B fields when Dictionary A Field 1 is Yes and make them mandatory fields, you define a conditional rule "DictionaryA.Field1 is equal to Yes".  You need four actions: Show Dictionary B.Field2, Make Mandatory DictionaryB.Field2, Show Dictionary B.Field3 and Make Mandatory DictionaryB.Field3".  You'll also need another rule to deal with the other values that DictionaryA.Field1 could have.  You define another conditional rule "DictionaryA.Field1 is equal to No" OR "DictionaryA.Field1 is equal to null".  You need four actions: Hide Dictionary B.Field3, Make Optional DictionaryB.Field3, Hide Dictionary B.Field4 and Make Optional DictionaryB.Field4". 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: