Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HTML Link in Email template

We are trying to pull the service ID into an existing link in an email template.

We want to include the service ID in an email to an existing link that takes the customer to another place.  We want to pull the service.serviceid and place it at the end of the existing link.  Has anyone worked with this at all?

Thanks - Wendy

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Hi Wendy,

There is a namespace for the service ID, it is #Service.ServiceID#. You can then put this include this in your URL.

Thanks Craig.  I can pull the service id into the email template using #Service.ServiceID#, but I can't get it to be at the end of the link to the site I want to send the user to.  Example:  I want to send someone to http://test.com/test/default.asp?Service = "this is where I need to pull in the service ID, so that it will be part of the link the customer will select.

Wendy Howerton

Re: HTML Link in Email template

Hi Wendy,

I  think the problem might be in the HTML. Click on the Source button to  view the HTML code. Inspect the hyperlink and ensure that the namespace  is not being "broken"  by some html tags. ie  #Service.ServiceID#

Craig

Thanks Craig - you were right - somehow a space was in there which didn't allow the service id to populate.  Once I removed it and tested, the link includes the service ID now.  Sometimes you need someone to remind you of little things!

Again - thank you so much!!  Have a GREAT Day!

Wendy

Views
Helpful
Replies