Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE 8: Change IIS Settings to enforce Compatibility Mode

Follow this link to a Microsoft article titled Implementing the META Switch on IIS. Here is the intro to the article:

"Windows Internet Explorer 8 introduces document compatibility modes that allow Web developers to tell the browser to render their pages in the same way as older versions would. The compatibility mode can be specified on a per-page or per-site basis.

This document describes how to implement a very common document compatibility mode, EmulateIE7, supported by Windows Internet Explorer 8, on a per-site basis, using custom headers in Internet Information Services (IIS)."

5 Replies 5

Tim Schmitt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a soltuion for the WebSphere users?

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

Is this basically a requirement for RequestCenter to work correctly with IE8?

Hi Tylor,

in the 9.1 version we do not "officially" support IE8, however MOST things work well in Compatibility Mode. In 9.2 we will officially support IE8, but only in Compatibility Mode. This info was sent to me by our QA folks who thought it would be helpful to customers who are on IE8.

Tim,

I don't know about WebSphere. As I mention above, this is something Microsoft has published to allow organizations to enforce compatibility mode.

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea how well 2008.3 SP7 works with IE8 in compatibility mode?   And when you say MOST things work well, which things don't?

We have had folks in RC08 training who were using IE8 in Compatibility Mode, and I have seen the following items:

(1) Action buttons, other than those in MyServices, can appear truncated.
(2) Some of the Update/Save buttons in OrganizationDesigner and ServiceDesigner throw errors sporadically, or just plain don't work.
(3) Data Retrieval Rules in ServiceManager sometimes fail.