Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import a file (csv/excel/word/)

Original post by Miriam Rubin
2:48pm, April 27 

I would like to import a csv file into my newScale application. 

Based on certain field values, I would like to create/update a service request. 

Is this possible? What is an alternate solution to merge existing data so that requestcenter has all current and past data?

1 Reply 1

Tim Schmitt - Assurant
9:54am, April 28

I'm not sure if it would be possible to import data directly into RequestCenter using a spreadsheet with the "out of box" functionality. If there is out of box functionality for this, I'm not aware if it, which is possible because our company just started using the application. 

It might be possible to have a developer create a program which will read the contents of a spreadsheet and create the corresponding requisitions in RequestCenter through the API. 

This is an interesting idea not only for historical population of requisition data but for cases where a large audience of people need to submit a request.  For example, if you had 50 employees who need to submit a requisition to have Office 2010 installed, it might  be helpful to be able to take a datasource of those 50 users and have something that would create all the requisitions automatically.  You could create a requiston which allows the submitter to specify how many people should recieve the service but to maintain accurate records, it would be ideal to painlessly create a requisition for each request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: