Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound cancellation

Inbound cancellation

When a requestor cancels, the status for the task, service, and requisition are set to Cancelled.  Now even though in the xsl it states whenever a task is cancelled via ServiceLink the status is set to Completed.

Has anyone discovered how to mirror the internal cancellation status when using an external task?

3 Replies 3

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

I've found the same thing and would be interested in the answer.  One thing I've noted is that the cancellation notification event does take place and the cancellation email is sent even though the status gets changed to Completed. (2006.0.6)

I'm testing using 2008.2, so that might be an issue, but I'm not aware of any changes in this area between releases. That said:

I think we need to carefully differentiate between the status of the task and the status of the requisition.  A Service Link inbound message (action="cancel") only pertains to the status of the task, not the requisition. When I send an inbound message (action="cancel") the status of the ongoing external task does, in fact, get changed to "cancelled". If that task is not th

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Leslie for the detailed explaination!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: