Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Instructions for Ad-Hoc Tasks

Instructions for Ad-Hoc Tasks

In reading the ServiceManager training material a screenshot displays "Task Instructions" under the "Ad-Hoc Tasks" button on the page navigator when an Ad-Hoc task is created.  Currently in our system, this "Task Instructions" button does not display.  The only way a fulfiller sees his or her instructions is through the use of the email generated when the Ad-Hoc task is assigned.  Is there something we need to enable to make this button appear?

Thanks!

Charlie

7 Replies 7

I believe what you are seeing is the link to the standard Task Instructions for the service- not task instructions for the ad-hoc task. If you go to the Plan tab of a service and click on a task you will see that the task has a tab called "Task Instructions". If there is something filled in on that tab then you will get a Task Instructions link on the right hand side bar of the task in service manager. As far as I know there is no way to include the specific task instructions that were included on the ad

Here's the page within the training manual I was referring to.  It notes:

• After you open an Ad Hoc Task, click Task Instructions in the page navigatior.
  • Refer to the instructions as required, then click Done to complete the task.

Hi Charlie,

Wow -- I really appologize for that one. Samantha is correct, and the page you included from your guide is an error. All of the training materials for that exercise now read:

(1) Go to the My Work view and open the Ad Hoc Task that you created.
(2) Go to Comments and History and view the Task Instructions.
(3) Complete the Ad Hoc Task by clicking the Done button.

I have attached the slide as well.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

Keep in mind you might have to modify the AdHoc task email template to receive the emails ...

Assign it to #Performer.Email# and to send out instructions use:

The following instructions were added by the initiator: #instructions#

Julio Troya
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to disable the ad-hoc task functionality?

RC26006.0.6

Julio

Thanks Emir E, but the email wasn't the problem.  That part is setup correctly.  I was referring to the instructions shown in the PDF I have attached in the previous thread.  Ed noted that it was an error in the training material.

Thanks,

Charlie

Catherine Wood
Level 1
Level 1

The ad-hoc task functionality is RBAC-enabled in RC2007.1 and higher versions.  This means it's controlled by a capability you can choose to grant to users (or not, as the case may be).  It's in the out-of-the-box Service Performer role but you can create a tailored role your ServiceManager users get instead and just leave the ad-hoc task capability out of that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: