Views
Helpful
Replies

Invoking an Agent multiple times depending on the rows in the grid dictionary

Anish Somadevan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to invoke an Agent multiple times depending on the number of rows i have in my dictionary. For Instance, if i have 5 rows in my dictionary, i would like to invoke a same Agent 5 times and each time the Agent should pick up the values of row one by one till the last row. I am doing this to add multiple accounts in a singlr request. I checked the REST API for Creating an account. This is the structure of the xslt,

<account> <name>Sample Account Name</name> <accountId>123</accountId> <accountType>Project Account</accountType> <description>Sample Account Description</description> <billingRateGroup>Sample Rate Group Name</billingRateGroup> <organizationalUnits> <organizationalUnit> <organizationalUnitName>OU Name 1</organizationalUnitName> <organizationalUnitType>Service Team</organizationalUnitType> </organizationalUnit> <organizationalUnit> <organizationalUnitName>OU Name 2</organizationalUnitName> <organizationalUnitType>Service Team</organizationalUnitType> </organizationalUnit> </organizationalUnits> <functionalPositions> <functionalPosition> <functionalPositionName>Func Pos 1</functionalPositionName> <ownerLoginName>assigneeLoginName</ownerLoginName> </functionalPosition> <functionalPosition> <functionalPositionName>Func Pos 2</functionalPositionName> <ownerLoginName /> </functionalPosition> </functionalPositions> <customAttribute name="IntegerValue" /> <customAttribute name="LongString">This is Long String</customAttribute> <customAttribute name="MediumString" /> <customAttribute name="ShortString">This is short value</customAttribute> <customAttribute name="MoneyValue">1234567.89</customAttribute> <customAttribute name="DoubleValue">12345678</customAttribute> <customAttribute name="DateValue">31-Jan-2013</customAttribute> </account>

This contains the values needed to create one account in a single request. I would like to add multiple account informations in this xslt and call the Agent multiple times according to the number of accounts i want to create. How can i implement this ?

Thanks

Anish

1 Reply 1

Kiran Kumar Basavaraju
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have done this kind of implementation using CPO. Get the complete XML from PSC and iterate it in PO, and use NSAPI to create the accounts back in PSC. We didnt find a best alternative for this that time.