cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is anyone using the "Import Manager" feature in 2008?

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone using the "Import Manager" feature in 2008?

RC2008.3 (Sandbox)
Oracle 10g
Websphere 6.1
IE 6-7

Hello:
We are looking at the "Import Manager" feature in 2008, and was wondering if anyone is currently using it.

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway

6 Replies 6

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

its working just fine for us

Bruce Wachlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel,

The Import Manager event is used by many organizations. The biggest obstacle for organizations that do not is that there is no supervisor/manager information stored in LDAP. To verify that you have manager information, check with the LDAP staff at your site to make sure around 90% or more of users have valid manager information. If the manager data is missing, then nothing will be imported from LDAP to RequestCenter.

The options for the event should be similar to those below:

As far as I know, every customer is using import manager.

Are you having difficulty configuring it?

Hi Daniel, it looks like Bruce has succinctly and accurately described configuration of the ImportManager step above (8/13).

One thing I could add is that the Key Field for Manager ID field should be set to the LDAP attribute that contains the 'pointer' to a given person's manager.

For example, given John Smith's sample LDAP record with the following attributes and values:

givenName = John

sn = Smith

uid = jsmith01

mgrUid = mmartin51

In this exam

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, Sateesh, I am not sure how to configure it for out purposes.
In our LDAP source the manager is the UID of the users manager.

UID = dfaus00
PersonId = 15660 (not in LDAP)
Manager = cjone00

UID = cjone00
personid = 20165 (not in LDAP)
Manager = edive00

Thank you
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Have you reviewed the LDAP integration user guide that is available on newscale techdocs site?

name of the file is "newScale_2008_1_Directory_Integration_User_API_Guide.pdf"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: