Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Category's description Searchable?

Is Category's description Searchable?

When users use Search to find a service in RC or a service offering in Portfolio Center, does the search also look, compare and match "search string" against the category description?
6 Replies 6

Hi Hoan,

This is governed by a site setting as follows:

+ RC2006: ServiceCommunity > Site Administration > Site Configuration > UseCategoriesInSearch

+ RC2007: Administration > Settings > Use Categories In Search

Ed,

I am not sure whether I am asking the the right question:  for each category defined in the category tree, the tool allows us to include a little brief description.  Is this description being used in Search?  Please see the attached document of the Service Designer print screen.  Thanks.

Ed,

How about the content in the Category's presentation?  Will the content in the Category's presentation be used in Search?

Hi Hoan,

My apology - I should have been more clear. If the Use Categories in Search setting is turned "On", then any word that is in the category Name (not its description) will return services that are in that category.

Hi Hoan,

No. The search facility only searches service name, service description, and category name. None of the additional content areas are used in the search.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

don't forget about the keywords :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: