cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to reassign a requisition approver?

Is it possible to reassign a requisition approver?

We have a service that contains two approval tasks.  The first task is statically assigned to the service desk.  The second task is fired when the service desk identifies the approver and completes the first task.  However, we have found many cases where the identified approver is incorrect due to outdated data and would like to find a solution allowing the service desk to update the secondary approver and reissue the approval task.  Does anyone have suggestions?

14 Replies 14

Hi Ed,  That's perfect.  Is there any way to route the approval task to someone NOT in a service team?  The approver in most cases would be a general user in the organisation - not someone associated with service delivery...

>Is there any way to route the approval task to someone NOT in a service team?

Absolutely. The Service Team Administrator role includes the capability to search for everyone in the system. Users who are not associated with service delivery -- meaning they are not in a service team -- will be listed in a separate search section named "Not assigned to any service team".

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Ed-  thats a great feature.

I can't believe that we didnt notice that earlier. 
We manually email the approver whenever an approval was re-assigned.
Using this will save time and effort

Thanks
Daniel
Safeway Inc.

Hi Ant,

If you assign the Service Team Administrator role to your Service Desk, they can locate any task in the system in ServiceManager -- including Approval tasks -- and then search for any user in the system and subsequently assign/reassign the Approval task to that user.

If you were to combine this with an email template attached to the "Notify when task is reassigned" event for the Approval, the reassigned approver would receive an email notification indicating that they had an

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I do have a question on this re-assignment via ServiceManager.  Is there any way for the service teams to see the approver's eid?  We have run into issues where we have more than one customer with the same name - i.e. John Smith.  Since it only lists the name and nothing else, we can't use the re-assignment because we're not sure which one to send it to.

I do want to say that for the majority of the re-assigns, it works GREAT!!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Thanks - Wendy

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ed - I have the Service Team Administrator Role assigned to me, but I do not see any section for "Not assigned to any service team" in ServiceManager.  Is this something that has to be set up somewhere?

Never mind Ed - I found out how to do this - just select Performer and type in anyone that is not in a queue and it pulls them back!!!

Thanks Ed!  This is exactly what we were looking for.  Can you tell me what specific permissions I'd need to set on the Service Team Administrator role to ensure they can only see a specific queue and the approval tasks associated with services that go to that queue?

>Can you tell me what specific permissions I'd need to set on the Service Team Administrator role to ensure they can only see a specific queue and the approval tasks associated with services that go to that queue?

Ant - if you use the Service Team Administrator role for this, you cannot restrict it. This is because that particular role includes Access Queue object-level permission for "All Queues".

However, it is really the "Search All Performers" capability that allows one to

Hi All,  We also would be interested in viewing the approvers eid or other identifying information...  We have a few "John Smith's" of our own!

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Ed.  I'll open up a ticket for this enhancement.  By the way, we have found that if a person is inactive in OSC and we then activate them, they do not show up when we search for them in ServiceManager to assign approvals to.  We waited overnight in case it had to be refreshed, but still they do not show up.  Any ideas on this?

I don't think it has to do with whether the approver is active or inactive because we put in a user that is set to inactive and it lists him when we do the search in S

>By the way, we have found that if a person is inactive in OSC and we then activate them, they do not show up when we search for them in ServiceManager to assign approvals to.

Wendy,

I have not seen that behavior before. However, it is possible that it is a function of your Directory Integration. Are person records updated through a batch process, or is the update triggered by one or more of the events which are configured in Directory Integration in the Administration module?

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ed - our person records are triggered by events (I believe)- In the Events link on the Administration Page, we have the refresh person profile checked and refresh period (hours) set to 0.  Do I need to open a ticket for this?

The person we activated still does not show up when we do a search for Performer in ServiceManager.

Hope that helps!

Thanks - Wendy

Fred Pitman
Level 1
Level 1

We use the Person Refresh logic to link RequestCenter to our LDAP, but have found that once a Person record is inactivated in RequestCenter, the LDAP refresh does not restore an active status in cases when the LDAP record is reactivated.

Once you change the RC Person status back to Active using the Site Admin functions, the Person record is usable again.

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Fred - we have set the user to active using the Site Admin functions, but they still do not show up in ServiceManager when trying to reassign an approval. 

I just checked this morning and the person we activated last week, still does not show up when we select "Performer" and type in their name.  I've tried only typing the first name and last name, it doesn't show up.

I appreciate the information!

Thanks - Wendy