cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISF can write to a "None" permission dictionary but not "Read" ??

ISF can write to a "None" permission dictionary but not "Read" ??

We want to have ISF write some fields into a dictionary that the Customer can read-but-not-write.

We set the dictionary permission as

Customer:   Read      ..but the ISF will not write the fields

If we set to the dictionary to "None"...ISF will write the fields (but then, of course, the Customer can't see them).  This doesn't seem logical.  What am I missing?

We can set to Read/Write, of course...but then we have to have more ISF to stop them from writing.   Help!!

3 Replies 3

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

That matches with my experiences with 2006.x.  For some reason when the permission is NONE, there are hidden fields that can be manipulated with ISF but they are not there when permissions are set to read only.  I believe you have to make the whole dictionary read/write and use ISF to make the fields read-only to the user.  There is a dictionary level read-only function so you don't have to set each field read-only one by one: serviceForm.DICTIONARY_NAME.setReadOnly(true).

Good luck!

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

When the dictionary is set to "Read", what elements do you set your fields to?  Are they text, textarea, etc?

Tylor is correct. Read below for the "For some reason ..."

In later versions of 2006 (0.5+?), and in 2007, dictionaries that are hidden (via ServiceDesigner) can be configured to NOT be sent to the browser at all, providing for more security. However, since that would break ISF written in older versions, where fields in hidden dictionaries are available, that is configurable. (See the ISF Guide re: the configuration property that governs this behavior.)

The behavior re: dictionaries that