Helpful
Replies

ISF/javascript code doesn't work for non-English RequestCenter proile

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

ISF/javascript code doesn't work for non-English RequestCenter proile

Hello,

I am not sure if i posted the same question before also. We have some customers who have set thier language profile in newScale requestcenter to French. However, all the javascript customizations configured on the service forms do not function for 'French' as a Langauge preference. Has anyone encountered the similar issue before and can anyone please suggest a solution for it?

Thanks,

Mihir

6 Replies 6

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

where do your customizations reside? Webserver?

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

some webservers (IHS for example) have a directory structure such as en_US, fr_FR and only display the files based on users locale. If you are saying that code out of serviceDesigner doesn't get displayed, then I dont know what else it could be.

I would check the basics. Browser type and version. See if they can record a HTTP Watch session for you.

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

some are in the Service Designer itself and some are on webserver in ISFcode. We are on newScale version 2006.0.8.

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

so I went in and changed my profile to French and you are correct it errors!

JS Error #
    serviceForm.addEvent("submit","openModal();");

Yet there is no SUBMIT button, its Soumettre la commande

Due to the JS error, no other JSs ar ebeing executed

OPEN A CASE for this

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

I had already opened a case long back, could not get any solution from them though.

-Mihir

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

we had a similar issue a while back where the Approval button was not working in Spanish, needed a fix from nS for it

The way to fix this would be to locate the language XML file, override the French caption with Submit and on onLoad write a global JS that would write the button label again (not so sure about this)

But really its an major defect and they should be able to fix it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: