cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Join issue - Requestor and Approval data

Dan Solberg
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to show approval task information with requestor/customer information.

We are unable to show approval task information and requestor information in the same result.  It appears that there is no join between requestor/customer and approval data.  Is there any way for us to create this join.

3 Replies 3

Hi Dan,

This should not be a problem with the Custom Reports Data Model. For instance, one could build a simple informational report displaying Requisition Number, Service Name, Customer Name, Approval Task Name and Approver Name as follows:

ServiceRequestFact - RequisitionID (fact)
Service - ServiceName (dimension)
Customer - Customer Full Name (dimension)
Authorization Tasks - Task Name (fact)
Performer - Performer Full Name (dimension)

As an FYI -- In the event that you do need to build a report containing data on 2 query subjects that do not have an explicit relationship (not the case here), you can do so by building a Master Detail Report in Report Designer.

Dan Solberg
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Ed.  I ran the report and prompted for one requisition found that as long as I do not add the Customer field to the report the results that are returned are correct.  Once I add the customer field to the report, it returns every approval task for the customer regardless of requisition.  It seems to be that the joins might be incorrect.

Hi Dan,

I just want to double-check something. Did you replace the RequisitionID from the Authorization Tasks fact table with the RequisitionID from the ServiceRequestFact table? Asking because, when I do that, the repeating requisition numbers problem is fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: