Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Queries

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

LDAP Queries

We're trying to implement an LDAP query to validate information via a service form.

I don't think I have the queries.xml file set up properly for LDAP use.  Here are the settings from that file for LDAP:

<datasource type="LDAP" name="SBUX_AD">
    <description>Target Production LDAP</description>
    <server>ldap-prod.starbucks.net</server>
    <port>389</port>
    <timeout>10</timeout>
    <sid/>
    <start>DC=Starbucks,DC=net</start>
    <attributes>sAMAccountName,GivenName,SN</attributes>
    <username>starbucks\jafuller</username>
    <password>********</password>
</datasource>

<query name="L1" datasource="SBUX_AD">
    <description>
     Given a network ID retrieves Person Information from LDAP
    </description>
    <statement>
     select
     sAMAccountName,
     GivenName,
     sn
     from
     SBUX_AD
     where
     sAMAccountName = #Pl#
   </statement>
   <map name="M1">
     <entry Field="IT_CustomerInfo.FirstName" Column="GivenName"/>
     <entry Field="IT_CustomerInfo.LastName" Column="SN"/>
    </map>
</query>

Any help would be great.  This fetch is running onLoad but is not filling in the fields on the form.

13 Replies 13

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

Does datasource "SBUX_AD" need to be added to some xml file(don't remember the name) on the server ? Just a thought!

- Mihir

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

James, silly question, but are you passing the Mapping in the query?

Bruce Wachlin
Level 1
Level 1

James,

It seems you are trying to validate the LDAP information before importing it into RequestCenter. Is that the case?

RequestCenter accesses data from LDAP through the LDAP integration defined in the Administration module, not through SQL queries. RequestCenter imports information from LDAP based on the datasource information and the mappings. The data imported into the RequestCenter database from LDAP is then used by SQL queries defined in an XML file.

Most LDAP databases are store

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

I just want to make an LDAP query and return the results to the service form.  I would prefer not to import it to the person table in RC.  When we implemented the rc-fetch functionality, it was said that it could fetch from an LDAP source as well.

There was a sample connection string in the queries.xml and I was trying to modify it to bounce against our internal LDAP.  I understand my statement in the above XML itself isn't correct, but I was hoping for a little direction on if others are using thi

Hi James,

By looking at your xml file, I see that you are writing a RDMS sql query.

LDAP statement is slightly different.

Here is an example of xml file.  note how the statement is written and modify yours.

<datasources>

<datasource>

<description>newScale LDAP</description>    

<server>testNewScaleLdap</server>

&a

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Last I looked LDAP was referenced in the rc-fetch.cfm.  I'll give this a go and let you know the results.

Thank you!

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so I can't seem to get this to connect and retrieve what I need.  Here are my files that I'm working with.  Please let me know if there is something else I need to edit/change to make the LDAP query work.

No errors are returned, it's just blank form fields when I enter a valid network ID in the service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James, could you please upload a ZIP (older compression, if possible) of your isfcode folder? You may exclude any Starbucks custom libraries-- I just want to look at the isfcode 'core' files that you're using. Also please add a listing of isfcode folder contents.

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

I have deleted the zipx file and am uploading a new file that includes the rc-*.js files and other NS core files from the isfcode folder.

Hi James, thanks for uploading your isfcode files. It looks like you have the RC2006 version of fetch. Which RequestCenter release is your implementation currently on?

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

We've been running this since we performed our last upgrade in summer of 2005.  Our release is v2004.2 build 1181.

This fetch framework was implemented at the time of our upgrade.  I haven't added any newScale patches/upgrades to our environment since that time.

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Enrico,

I just recevied your voicemail and understand.  Thank you for your efforts to assist!

Thanks, James. I'm sorry we couldn't resolve the issue within this thread.