Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Logging activity for a web service

Daniel - Safeway Inc.
RequestCenter 2008.3 sp4
Oracle 10g
Websphere 6.1

Has anyone configured or enabled the logging for web services?  I am troubleshooting a WSDL and I can not locate the logs.  The System.Err and System.out do not proviide the information that I am looking for.

Thank you
Daniel

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

I've been playing around with webservices in our dev env.

The only thing we had configured was in Administrator to make sure that Enable Web services is turned on in the settings. I was using SOAPUI tool to consume the WSDL and make sample calls. i was able to successfully call the newscale web services using that tool.

I found exception information in the server.log under RequestCenter (we have JBOSS)

D:\newScale2008.3\jboss-4.2.3.GA\server\RequestCenter\log\server.lo

Yes, thank you

I am also able to consume the WSDL using SoapUAI. I can see similiar information in the log, but it doesnt show what the WSDL is actually doing.   just that the webservice was invoked.

Any Ideas?

The other thing you have to do to get the newscale webservices to work is to set up a couple of custom roles in organizational designer. When you create a new role, click on "Capabilities" on the right side. Click 'Add' , then pick "Web services".      Then choose Requisition Access, Task Access.Authenticated user and the initiator will have to be the same, otherwise fault response will be thrown.

If you already had this info i apologize. I've been able to invoke most of the services using SOAPUI s

if you have a separate serviceLink.ear check the logs in it, not RequestCenter.ear

Views
Helpful
Replies