Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for permissions/role definitions

melissa reed
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for permissions/role definitions

Hi there - I'm looking for information on what each permission/role does.  For instance, if I want to create a user who has permissions to grant access to other users, but not be able to create a service, what permission/role do they need?

Another example would be, how are permissions granted or inherited for a service? 

TIA! :)

Melissa

3 Replies 3

Hi Melissa,

There is fairly comprehensive information on Roles and Permissions in the OrganizationDesigner online help, and there is also some information in the Administration and Organization Design Guide on the Technical Documentation web site here.

You'll need credentials for the documentation:

Hi Melissa,

Have you tried the online help in OrganizationDesigner? Click the online help button while you're on the Roles tab in OrganizationDesigner and then go the the topic on System-Defined roles. Every Role is detailed there, along with its capabilities.

melissa reed
Level 1
Level 1

While the Admin and Org Design Guide had lots of helpful information, I'm still looking for some sort of documentation that will tell me what each Role can do.  Like what is the difference between Org Designer and Org Manager.  Is there a description of what each Role does?