Views
Helpful
Replies

Mandatory Attachment 2008.3

Bruce Fernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Mandatory Attachment 2008.3

We have some services where an attachment is a mandatory requirement for fulfillment. Is it possible to prevent service submission if there is no attachment? Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Shane O'Hanlon
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know there is no way of doing this however what we do is give them a mandatory check box field which they must tick to confirm they have attached the document. Usually this is enough of a reminder.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

you can run a query to the txdocuments table to check if one exists

Shane O'Hanlon
Level 1
Level 1

Ah right. Would you be able to show us how to do that? I actually have a few people who have asked for that functionality but I could never work it out.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

I can come up with something. Regardless, you still can only attach once submitted or if it is in the cart. So checking it on the onSubmit moment is not right.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

select count(*) from RCUSER.TXDOCUMENT where OBJECTINSTID=?

? = requisition id

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

You could probably create an external approval task with ServiceLink that would use the db adapter to call that query Emir suggested and the transformation could hold the logic to approve or reject the request automatically depending upon the query result.  Quite a bit of effort though.  You would probably need to create a custom rejection email template that would explain why the request was rejected.