Views
Helpful
Replies

multi level attribute form LDAP

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

multi level attribute form LDAP

I am trying to write an custom mapping to use to retrieve a value from a multialued field in LDAP (nsRole). Has anyone done this before?

Rigth now all my mappings are 1:1. However the goal is to get a 1 : M and parse thru it till i get the desied value (1:1)

5 Replies 5

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

Tylor, what I was able to build (my requirement) is to loop thru those multi values and return a true/false if a matching value was found.

However one issue remains. If I match that field to some other field and then run the custom mapping I get the result I want. If I have only the custom mapping it fails.

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

after speaking with an engineer you have to map the field somewhere and then custom parse it, so the final answer is: Yes, you can parse out a multivalue attribute to map a single value out of it ...

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

I'd be interested in a solution to this as well.  I have a few multi-value attributes that currently only map to the first entry in the list.  It would be great to get all of them.

Emir,

Can you provide additional information on how you were able to get this working?   What package, methods, etc?   I would also like to map a multi-value LDAP attribute to one RC field, but can't figure out what method needs to be used to pull in the entire multi-value LDAP array...   The JavaDocs for RC2007 lists methods that are not available in RC2006, IE: IEUIAttributeMapping.getAttributeValueArray()...    Note: I am assuming you were/are working with RC2006.0.X.

Than

Darwin Hammons - Assurant 
2:44pm, May 17 

Great conversation. I have a very similar question about the use of the custom JAVA mappings with the LDAP Login process. I want to include an additional (event) step in the login process. Does anyone have an example or experience with a custom Java Class mapping that can use an LDAP attribute (location)  queriing the data to execute an event that populates an RequestCenter OU or Group if the person login location equal say " Argentina" ? Looking for a way to manage / build catalog entitlements during login. Suggestions ?

Great conversation. I have a very similar question about the use of the custom JAVA mappings with the LDAP Login process. I want to include an additional (event) step in the login process. Does anyone have an example or experience with a custom Java Class mapping that can use an LDAP attribute (location)  queriing the data to execute an event that populates an RequestCenter OU or Group if the person login location equal say " Argentina" ? Looking for a way to manage / build catalog entitlements during login. Suggestions ?

Anthony Erickson
2:52pm, May 18  

Hi Darwin,
We're about to embark on a piece of work with newScale which would be similar to this to support our Multilingual catalogue.  I'll provide any updates I'm able. 

Thanks,
Ant 

Darwin Hammons - Assurant 
3:25pm, May 18 

Great, Thanks Anthony ! I hope our bringing up this topic will spark a bit of interest. The Custom Java Mapping  / Directory integration is documented more with RC 9.1. It will be good to hear more about your project and use of Java mappings with LDAP Directories.