Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple select fields do not transfer all values

Dan Solberg
Level 1
Level 1

Multiple select fields do not transfer all values

When using ServiceLink and transferring multiple values, how do you concandenate all the values?  Ex. - Each request is creating an HP Service Desk ticket.  We are transferring all the questions and answers from the service request to the service call information field.  If there are multiple select fields, only one selection is transferred to the service call ticket.

3 Replies 3

Dan Solberg
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Tylor

Our out of box message looks like this:  <name>Rational_Tool_Setup.Tools_Requested</name>
<value>ClearQuest</value>
<value>Test Manager</value>

Our  XSL transformation only picks up the first value in this list.  We are  looking for help to get all values sent separated by a comma.

I am using version 2008.3 also.  Since yours is working, would you be willing to share your XSL transf

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't had any issues like that with our ServiceLink integrations.  I believe they come across as a comma delimited list.  You might want to check the "newScale message" in one of the ServiceLink messages and see what data is actually stored in the message.  Maybe there is something in the XSL transformation that is only grabbing one value?  I'm on 2008.3.

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan -

I  can't share my code with you, but I can explain how you can accomplish  it.  Hopefully you're familiar with XSLT.  Create a  <choose> statement that checks to see if the count() of  the value nodes is greater than one.  If so, do a for-each statement  that loops through the value nodes and outputs the value and a comma (or  whatever delimiter you want to use).  Then have an otherwise statement  that just outputs the node if there is only one value.  If you don't  care about the ex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: