Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ongoing Requisitions (2006.0.8)

Ongoing Requisitions (2006.0.8)

We have a growing need to remove aging/abandoned requisitions (~15K) as it is impacting performance.  Are there others out there that have aging requisitions?  If so, have you been able to remove them successfully without having to go in an manually close out each of the tasks?

3 Replies 3

Elizabeth,

Can you share what process you implemented in deal with ongoing tasks/aging requests?   Also, just curous...in what way did this affect performance?

Thanks,
Angelo

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

I submitted an enhancement request a long time ago for the ability to have an escalation cancel the request.  That way if a request was never approved you could send a few reminder notifications, then send a final cancellation email and cancel out the request.  I agree that it is frustrating to have no automated way to close or cancel out these types of requests.

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going out on a limb here, but could the following be a work around?

Create an external table that is updated on a regular interval with the requisiton id's for requisitions that meet your business rule for cancellation.  Then use RAPI to do a CancelReq call using the requisition id's as the primary key match for cancellation.  Once the cancellation is confirmed and completed, remove the record from the external table.

Could this work?  Thoughts?