cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Order On Behalf Of

Keith Berlin
Level 1
Level 1

Allow one group to order one service on behalf of some people.

I'm looking to give a group  the capability to "Order on Behalf of" for some people in the organization, but only for a single service. 

I created a custom role with the MyServices Order on behalf capability, and created a group with that role assigned to it.  Now that group can order on behalf of anyone, but I want to reduce the scope of what services this group can order on behalf of others.

It seems like it's an all or nothing, and I'm not looking for that.  Feedback is welcome.  Thanks.I'm looking to give a group  the capability to "Order on Behalf of" for anyone in the organization, but only for a single service.  I created a custom role with the MyServices Order on behalf capability, and created a group with that role assigned to it.  But I want to reduce the scope of what services this group can order on behalf of others.

It seems like it's an all or nothing, and I'm not looking for that.  Feedback is welcome.  Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Hi Keith,

Your ability to configure this specific behavior will be RC-version-specific. The standard Order on Behalf functionality grants the permission to order services for other users provided they have permission to order those services for themselves.

A new permission was added in 8.3 SP7 and 9.1 SP1 named "Order My Services for Others". This grants permission to order services for others provided that YOU have permission to order them, and does not require that the user on whose behalf you are ordering have permission to order the service(s).

Also -- both of these are object-level permissions. Therefore, only adding the Order on Behalf capability should not have produced any behavior change. My recommendation is that you take a closer look at how the Order on Behalf permission has been applied in your environment.