Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Passing a Dictionary value to a external database

RequestCenter 2008.3
Oracle 10g
Websphere 6.1
IE6 & IE7

Hi:

I was wondering how to code the xml to get the "dictionary.Field" value of a requisition submitted. 

Looking at the guide, I have determined that I need the following structure...

<message>
   <task-started>
      <requisition>
         <requisition-entry>

</requisition-entry>
      </requisition>
   </task-started>
</message>

I am not sure where to go next at the elipses ...
It looks like the next step could be either "data-values" or "service"

Does anyone have an example  that I could reference?

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway Inc.

Everyone's tags (1)
7 REPLIES

Thank you Enrico:

I previously viewed the 2 samples that you provided and oither than the agen paraneter, could not find the "dictionary" field reference.

Thank you, this new information is very helpful.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I posted a reply to your question "soap transformation example for Service Link" on 8/11 and also uploaded two sample XSL files, one outbound and one inbound. The sample outbound XSL has commonly used parsing patterns, including one to parse a dictionary field value from NSXML

Email me (don't attach here on the board) the NSXML and the XSL you're using and I'll take a look.

Re: Passing a Dictionary value to a external database

RequestCenter 2008.3
Oracle 10g
Websphere 6.1

Hi Enrico:

I have tried the following and keep getting a null result, the XML completes but there is no value in the transformation.

<xsl:value-of   select="/message/task-started/requisition/requisition-entry/data-values/data-value[name='Customer_Information.Custom1']/value"  />

Am I using the xml correctly?

Hey Daniel -

I'm not sure if you're doing this already or not, but when working on these types of issues I've found it very helpful to work on the XSL using a tool such as XML Pad.  You take a copy of the NSXML from a request in service link and then you can edit your XSL and keep re-applying the transformation and view the output XML without having to resubmit requests in RC.

- Tylor

Thanks Tylor for the Tip...

I did notice that none of my dictionary fields were showing up in the nsXML output, because I had the agent "outgoing content" set to minimal size. 

I changed the content size to "All Message Details (default, large)", and now I see the dictionary values in the OUTGOING nsxml.

I will see if this resolves my missing data issue.

Thank you
Daniel

Thanks Tylor and Enrico for the great information.

it was the "Content Size" that was causing my problem.  I was able to pull all of the dictionary data that I need.

Thanks again
Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies