Level 1
Level 1

Passing a Dictionary value to a external database

RequestCenter 2008.3
Oracle 10g
Websphere 6.1
IE6 & IE7

Hi:

I was wondering how to code the xml to get the "dictionary.Field" value of a requisition submitted. 

Looking at the guide, I have determined that I need the following structure...

<message>
   <task-started>
      <requisition>
         <requisition-entry>

</requisition-entry>
      </requisition>
   </task-started>
</message>

I am not sure where to go next at the elipses ...
It looks like the next step could be either "data-values" or "service"

Does anyone have an example  that I could reference?

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway Inc.

7 Replies 7

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Enrico:

I previously viewed the 2 samples that you provided and oither than the agen paraneter, could not find the "dictionary" field reference.

Thank you, this new information is very helpful.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I posted a reply to your question "soap transformation example for Service Link" on 8/11 and also uploaded two sample XSL files, one outbound and one inbound. The sample outbound XSL has commonly used parsing patterns, including one to parse a dictionary field value from NSXML

Email me (don't attach here on the board) the NSXML and the XSL you're using and I'll take a look.

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

RequestCenter 2008.3
Oracle 10g
Websphere 6.1

Hi Enrico:

I have tried the following and keep getting a null result, the XML completes but there is no value in the transformation.

<xsl:value-of   select="/message/task-started/requisition/requisition-entry/data-values/data-value[name='Customer_Information.Custom1']/value"  />

Am I using the xml correctly?

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Daniel -

I'm not sure if you're doing this already or not, but when working on these types of issues I've found it very helpful to work on the XSL using a tool such as XML Pad.  You take a copy of the NSXML from a request in service link and then you can edit your XSL and keep re-applying the transformation and view the output XML without having to resubmit requests in RC.

- Tylor

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Tylor for the Tip...

I did notice that none of my dictionary fields were showing up in the nsXML output, because I had the agent "outgoing content" set to minimal size. 

I changed the content size to "All Message Details (default, large)", and now I see the dictionary values in the OUTGOING nsxml.

I will see if this resolves my missing data issue.

Thank you
Daniel

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Tylor and Enrico for the great information.

it was the "Content Size" that was causing my problem.  I was able to pull all of the dictionary data that I need.

Thanks again
Daniel