Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Please help debug 'this.events[...] is null or not an object

Hi.

I'm getting this error : line 3267 this.events[...] is null or not an object.

How can I debug this? when I click yes to debug, I am not brought to my line of code, so I can't figure it out. has anyone encountered this before?

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Hi Miriam. Are you seeing this on an order form? If so, check your Scripts in Service Designer, there might be one that is set to fire when a form is loaded that has bad code.

Dave

Hi. thank you for your response. I actually think i pinpointed the code, but don't know how to resolve it.

it seemed to be coming from a script. when i attempted to delete the javascript, i got a message that it was in use. i deleted all instances of calling it from my afc, when i click 'afc' tab from the scripts page, it still shows that the script is called. the peculiar thing is that it has the correct form, but when it comes to having the name of the dictionary field, it does NOT have it (usual format is 'dictionaryfieldname: when the item is changed', but instead just has 'when the item is changed'. assuming that there was some hanging pointer, i subsequently added this script to all my fields in the afc, and hoped that when i would delete them , it would pick up the orphan reference. if anyone has any ideas how to get around this sticky issue, i'd be greatful. i do not want to delete the afc, or dictionary.

Did you delete a field or change a field name in the dictionary to which the script originally referred? This is what might cause the behavior you saw (JavaScript error, but when you try to debug the error, nothing is displayed.)  I have previously seen this behavior in the case of changing the name of  a field (or deleting a field) to which a rule referred, but not for ISF/JavaScript or for the script attachment.  You might try to export a (perhaps dummy) service that uses the AFC that has the error and import it -- sometimes that straightens out this sort of orphan references. (When I do this, I sometimes rename the original AFC and/or JavaScript in the repository to force the import to create new objects.)  But if that doesn't work, the only fix would be to get a script from NCC that deletes the orphan reference directly from the database -- this is definitely a bug.  

Views
Helpful
Replies