Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Popup Errors caused by new fields with retrieval rules.

I need to suppress the popup errors caused by retrieval rules that  reference fields that were added to a dictionary after a service request  was submitted.

I added several fields to a dictionary, and the fields will always   remain hidden.  In the form (that is used by multiple services) I   created several retrieval rules to insert data into these new fields.    This now causes popup errors, "An attempt to get data and/or use it on   the form has failed because the field

<Dictionary>.<Field>

is not on this form" on  service requests that have this form and were  submitted prior to the  addition of the dictionary fields.  If possible,  we would rather not  use a Javascript to supress this as we like to  configure the product  correctly rather than patch it.  The fields are  filled in by retrieval  rules (on field change) on the  Customer_Information newScale reserve  form, so just creating another  form isn't an option. If I do have to  use a Javascript, and someone can  send me what they use, I would really  appreciate it.  Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Community Member

The bad news is that there is no way to suppress this behavior.  The good news is that I believe this behavior has been suppressed in the most recent service packs for the 2008.3 and 9.1 releases.  But you should check with NCC to verify.

Community Member

Hi Joe,

I managed to find the code to suppress it, as this approach to version control caused us issues to.  Unfortunately, I've now forgotten where it was - let me have a quick look and see if I can find it.

Cheers,

Ant

Community Member

Hi Joe,

I found the function to exist in two files by searching for the error message you were receiving:

RequestCenter.war\refactor\common\js\isfReduction.js and

RequestCenter.war\refactor\common\js\common_sm_task_and_req.js

You should be able to stop that function being called easy enough.

Cheers,

Ant

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content