Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Postpone sequence of authorization

We have some services where we want to 'postpone' the authorization task until another task has been completed by a performer. For example, we want the provider/performer to enter a price for the service (via a field in the form) before we send the requisition containing the price for authorization. Until now, we only have services that start with authorization before proceeding to the next steps/tasks.

I hope someone has tried this and can give a step-by-step instruction on how to 'plan' a service in the following sequence:

1. Task for a performer to enter important information
  2. Authorization to the nearest manager
  3. After approval forward the task to same or another performer, or even another system linked to newScale.

Thanks.

BR/Christine

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

While there is not a way to "postpone" an authorization task, the use case you describe is an ideal one for the use of either a Review task or a Pricing Moment task. I belive a Review task the better approach here. I'd be interested to see what others think.

Review task:
(1) In ServiceDesigner on the Authorization tab for you service, click the Service Group Review radio button.
(2) Configure the review task.
(3) Ensure that, in Administration > Authorizations, you have the sequence of Authorization tasks configured so that Service Group Review tasks occur prior to Service Group Authorization tasks.
(4) If you are using newScale 9: Use the "Set Price" action in a conditional rule to set the transactional price of the service to the price in the target field on the form.

Pricing Moment task:
(1) In ServiceDesigner on the Offer Tab > Pricing subtab for your service, set the Pricing type (Estimated/Fixed field) to Pricing Required.
(2) This will automatically trigger a Pricing Task prior to any Authorization tasks.
(3) Pricing tasks all go to the Default Service Delivery Queue. You will need to give the performer(s) of the pricing task the "Acess Queue" permission for the Default Service Delivery Queue.

Hi Ed
I tried both and have these questions :o)

Review taks:
1)We're still on the 'old' version - does it allow the performer to enter the price? As far as I can remember from the course, the reviewer only has the 'OK' button. However, if it's possible for the reviewer (performer) to enter the price, please explain how.
2) Additionally, can we also trigger a mail to the reviewer?

Pricing Moment task:
1) Can we send a mail to performer to inform of the task? This is because we're using HP ServiceCenter as our delivery tool, not newScale. This means that our performers are not working from newScale.
2) You can't specify currency. Or can you?
3) Will the authorizer be able to see the price when authorizing?
4) We got an error when trying to update pricing via ServiceManager: "The data in this form has been changed by someone else or another process and therefore your copy of it is now out-of-date. Please click Reset to see current data, and then enter your data again."
What did I do wrong?

Sorry if I am such a slow learner :o)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content