Helpful
Replies

Problem with links on email templates

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with links on email templates

Hi,

We have been having issues with links on our email templates. Some of the links point to the following URL:

http://server'sname/thirdparty/FCKeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=emailTemplatesDTO.htmlBody&Toolbar=NewscaleFCKEditorToolBar#URL

Sometimes we get “Unknown internal error” on the web page.

Can anyone help or advise on how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks,

Wesley.

6 Replies 6

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wesley,

What version of RC are you using?  Can you post a copy of one of your email templates (removing sensitive information of course)?

Thanks.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

FCKeditor is the editor used for the email templates creation. You are linking to the email template source versus the target location where the user wants to go to

I believe you are using the namespace incorrectly! Please paste the link variables to this board as it it in the HTML source of the template

You need to use #URL#/myservices/navigate.do......

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Emir, but i did use a namespace for the link:

#Site.URL#myservices/navigate.do?query=authorizationtask&taskid=#ActivityID#

Hi Wesley,

This is rather late, but we've seen the same thing frequently (and I believe can replicate it).  It's caused when you a creating a new email by copying the content of an existing one with a name space in it.

Upon copying, the link gets scrambled.  The approach we use is to copy the email in to a new template, then strip out all of the URL links and add them back in.

Thanks!

Ant

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting, I have noticed some inconsitencies as well. Good news is in 9.1 they have a newer  version of the editor :)