Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with links on email templates

Hi,

We have been having issues with links on our email templates. Some of the links point to the following URL:

http://server'sname/thirdparty/FCKeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=emailTemplatesDTO.htmlBody&Toolbar=NewscaleFCKEditorToolBar#URL

Sometimes we get “Unknown internal error” on the web page.

Can anyone help or advise on how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks,

Wesley.

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES

Hi Wesley,

What version of RC are you using?  Can you post a copy of one of your email templates (removing sensitive information of course)?

Thanks.

FCKeditor is the editor used for the email templates creation. You are linking to the email template source versus the target location where the user wants to go to

I believe you are using the namespace incorrectly! Please paste the link variables to this board as it it in the HTML source of the template

You need to use #URL#/myservices/navigate.do......

Thank you Emir, but i did use a namespace for the link:

#Site.URL#myservices/navigate.do?query=authorizationtask&taskid=#ActivityID#

Hi Wesley,

This is rather late, but we've seen the same thing frequently (and I believe can replicate it).  It's caused when you a creating a new email by copying the content of an existing one with a name space in it.

Upon copying, the link gets scrambled.  The approach we use is to copy the email in to a new template, then strip out all of the URL links and add them back in.

Thanks!

Ant

Interesting, I have noticed some inconsitencies as well. Good news is in 9.1 they have a newer  version of the editor :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content