Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Question about Rescheduling Start Date of a Task

I'm trying to determine whether the 'Reschedule' action is appropriate to my situation...

I have a service that consists of 4 tasks.  The first 3 tasks will be completed immediately and then the request's 4th task will sit in a queue for about a month so that all of these requests can be grouped together and fulfilled during a few overnight work sessions.

While the 4th task is waiting to be fulfilled, the technician will be contacting the requestor to schedule the work to be done sometime during a 3 day window.  The technician needs to specify which of the 3 days each request will be worked on.  I'm not sure if I should store the date in a service form field or have the technician reschedule the task so that the start date of the task is set to one of the 3 days.  If I use the reschedule feature, are there any downsides?

The advantage of using the reschedule feature is that the scheduled start date can be displayed in ServiceManager's task list and can therefore be sorted on and queried.  This wouldn't be possible if I stored the date in a dictionary field on the service form.  In that case, I'd have to use custom reports to group the tasks by start date.

Please let me know your thoughts...

Thanks,

Scott

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Community Member

This strikes me as a very good use of this feature, since your need to to have the date for this task rescheduled/reflected in ServiceManager. This is the specific effect of using this feature.

For the benefit of others reading this post, remember: this rescheduled date will not change the due date for the service.

Community Member

Correct. Standard Compliance is a duration-based metric, while On-Time is a due date-based-metric.

Community Member

I've found that while the due date doesn't change, the StdCompliance flag can still be met as the duration of the task is measured from the rescheduled start date to the closed date.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content