Level 1
Level 1

Question about Scheduled Task

RequestCenter 2008.3
Oracle 10g
Websphere 6.1.27
IE 7

Hi:

I have tried to get a scheduled task to work without any luck.  I am referencing a date/time field on the form and the task goes to "Scheduled", but never moves to "Ongoing".

I've opened a case with support, but was wondering if anyone has gotten this to work.

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway Inc.

4 Replies 4

Darryl Kinley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel,

We are successfully using scheduled external tasks to create Remedy service requests, but did run into similar issues.  For us it turned out to be a conflict in Queue calendar hour settings.  Setting all queue calendars related to the process to 24x7 seems to have resolved the issue for us.  I hope this was helpful.

Darryl

Kaiser Permanente
RequestCenter 2008.3

Darryl Kinley
Level 1
Level 1

In trying to provide a complete answer, I thought I should also add that the queue calendar changes will, of course, force updates to tasks durations for any tasks assigned to the queues you have changed.

Darryl

We just went through this too. If the plan is fairly complex, and has allot of conditional tasks you will have difficulty.

The explanation I got from Shweta is that the calculation that determines the OLAs before my scheduled task was to start looks at ALL the potential tasks and combines them, essentially saying the duration is much longer than what you think it should be, ie the sum of all potential task OLAs, not just the tasks that became active.

Bottom line if your scheduled date is with

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

thank you all - this information is very helpful.

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: