Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question about the DB adapter

ns2006.0.7

Question:

It seems that we can only have 1 db adapter, but in the adapter defiition we have to specify the database.  If I want to communicate to several different databases on different platforms, Oracle / SQL I need to install a DB adapter for each database connection. 

I can't figure out how to add a second DB adapter, does anyone know how?

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway Inc.

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Hi Daniel,

Did you happen to solve a way forward with this?  We are just starting to look in to potentially using DB adaptors after using the HP and HTTP adapters and would appreciate any helpful information up front.

Thanks!

Ant

Yes, I was not understanding the process... 

There is 1 DB adapter which is does not get configured. 

Then we create as many agents as we like each using the DB adapter and set up with the connection information.  

I currently have 3 agents using the DB adapeter to talk to 3 different databases on different servers.. (1 sql and 2 Oracle)

They all work perfectly.

Hope this helps
Daniel

Daniel - fantastic, thank you sir!

Hi

We're new at developing our own agents etc. We've leveraged the supplied DB agent and written the relevant adapter, however we're struggling with the transformation.

Could I be cheeky and ask if anyone would be willing to share a transformation they have written for the DB adapter? Unfortunately no-one in our team has had past XML experience, so we're trying to backwards engineer from examples.

Thanks, Meghan

Views
Helpful
Replies