Views
Helpful
Replies

"Initiate Quote"?

Mark Koontz
Level 1
Level 1

"Initiate Quote"?

I have the Site Administrator role and added the Customer Relationship Manager role, just for good measure.  I cannot see any "Initiate Quote" link anywhere in the Relationship Manager or MyServices Executive modules.  What am I missing?

Thanks!
Mark

5 Replies 5

The basic idea here is to drive ordering permissions through Agreements. When this setting is turned on, members of an OU which is part of an Account which has an Active Agreement will have permission to request any requestable Component Services in that Agreement.

The way this works with ordering permissions granted in ServiceDesigner is as follows: The absence of an Active Agreement will not revoke ordering permissions which are granted in ServiceDesigner. However, if no ordering permissions are

Mark Koontz
Level 1
Level 1

Would you mind helping me also understand the Enable Ordering Permission option in the same Settings section?  I'm having difficulty understanding or seeing what the option does.  I turned in on, but haven't seen permission information in the Portfolio or DemandCenter dialogs.  The online help and PDF documentation only echo the Description in the Settings dialog.

Mark,

If you have Site Administrator role, then there are only 2 things which could cause this:

(1) The "Enable Agreement Management" setting in Administration>Settings>Portfolio/DemandCenter is turned off.

(2) The Offering is for a fiscal year prior to the current fiscal year.

Mark Koontz
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.  Of course, it was (1).

Mark Koontz
Level 1
Level 1

Perfect.  Thanks!