Helpful
Replies

rcFetch on onchage event - newScale 2008.3

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

rcFetch on onchage event - newScale 2008.3

Hello,

newScale 2008.3 - On some forms, we are populating a dropdown field from external data source, on OnChange event of some other text field. By doing isfdebug, i could verify that rcFetch is successfully pulling the desired data from external data source, however, the dropdown field is not getting set with the returned data. What could be missing here ?

Thanks

Mihir

7 Replies 7

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

Peter,

I created two javascripts libraries for rc-lists.js and rc-select.js and included these libraries in our scripts -  it worked. This is something new in 2008.3. We never added these funcitons in any of the javascripts we have in 2006.0.8.

Mihir

Peter Le
Level 1
Level 1

Mihir,

Sounds  like your fetch query already retrieved the data from DB correctly, but  it could still be missing the mapping back to the dictionary to  populate the field.  Ensure that your query.xml contains the mapping to  the select field.  For example:

<query name="Q1"  datasource="RequestCenter">
    select COL1 From Table1
     </statement>
    <map name="M1">
        <entry field="DICTIONARY.SELECTFIELDNAME" column="CO

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

Peter,

The mapping is correctly provided in the query file and it works as-is in our existing 2006 environments but not in 2008.3.

Thanks,

Mihir

David LaDuke
Level 1
Level 1

WHAT????? Still using rcFetch in 2008.3?!?!?

Mrs Wood told me that rcFetch was no longer used in any of the 2008.x versions. Is this not the case???

Peter Le
Level 1
Level 1

Mihir,

I think the new rcfetch may reference a function in rc-list.js library.  I am glad it works out for you.

To Dave's point, yes, we strongly recommend customer upgrading to 2008 to move away custom ISF fetch and use Active Form Component's Data Retrieval Rule.  

Thanks,

Peter 

Yes, fetch still works with RC 2008.x. Depending on which version of fetch you have, you might need to get a replacement set of libraries from Technical Services. However, the recommended strategy is to recode fetch using data retrieval rules and, if required, conditional rules (to handle what used to be handled in callbacks).  And replace fetches of person data with the Customer and Initiator dictionaries and/or lightweight namespaces, as appropriate.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

what Dave is saying, use Data Retrieval Rules instead of rcFetch