Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rcuser account password changed after RequestCenter installation

rcuser account password changed after RequestCenter installation and now trying to find out all the places to update the rcuser password.

After Requestcenter was upgraded to 2008.3 SP7, our DBA changed the rcuser password inadvertently.

We found that we had to update at 2 places before we could login to the application.

1. Websphere

2. Cold fusion

Then we found that the rcuser account was getting locked by some process that kept logging in using the old password. We found that it was from Cognos.

3. Cognos (I update the properties file, but then it did not work, so we just stopped the Cognos service on DEV)

Now we found that still some process has the old rcuser password and locking the rcuser account occasionally. We think it is the Catalog Deployer. But, we do not know where to update the rcuser password.

Has anyone faced this issue ? Please share your experience.

thanks, Chitra

9 Replies 9

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

update any adapters in serviceLink that point to your RC or DM DB

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

for Cognos, there are a few places to chnage it, although it migh tjust be easier to rerun the configure job ... check with nS first though :)

thanks for your response Emir. We do not have ServiceLink enabled and I have shut down Cognos. Still the issue occured while using Catalog deployer. So assume the Service migrate/Catalog deployer has some rcuser password saved in some config files during installation.

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

interesting, i htough CD useds ColdFusion for that, are you clustered? If so make sure to change it on all th eservers (especially for CF)

I believe Emir is correct. CatalogDeployer uses ColdFusion data sources, both for its connection to RequestCenter and for its connection to target RC instances.  You should check all the Cold Fusion datasources that you have defined -- there will be one for the source RC instance and one for each RC instance that you are trying to depoy to via transmit.

Thanks Leslie. Yes, the datasources in ColdFusion are setup correctly. Actually, the Catalog deployer is also working fine. We could migrate the services from DEV to QA. But, as soon as we completed transmitting, the rcuser account locked out. Then we unlocked it and transmitted another set of packages. The services were migrated successfully, but within few minutes of  transmission, the rcuser again locked out. Thanks.

hi Emir, this environment is not clustered. thanks.

Hmm, curious. On receipt of a transmitted package, CatalogDeployer marks where the package came from -- clearly it "knows" where the connection originated, but I am not sure how. If you deploy content via export/import, catalogDeployer marks the package as being from an "unknown" source. To verify that this is causing the problem, I would deploy via export/import and hope that the problem (the lock-up) doesn't occur.  I think you'll need to report this to NCC. I'm assuming there is no ColdFusion datasource for DEV in the QA environment.

Let me check the QA and PROD environment for the data sources for DEV. I think I could have missed that. Thanks Leslie and Emir.

Leslie, I checked the Datasource for DEV on Production in Cold Fusion and it had the wrong password. Thank you very much.