Views
Helpful
Replies

Read Access to All Requisitions

Chad Slater
Level 1
Level 1

Read Access to All Requisitions

Is there a way to grant someone read access to all requisitions? We have a support team that handles issues faced by clients. We want that team to be able to view every requisition but not modify the requisition in any way.

6 Replies 6

Chad Slater
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Ed, this worked great!

Beginning with RC2007 you can accomplish this with roles and permissions.

1. Create a new role with one capability: Perform Global Delivery Search. This will allow any member of this role to access the ServiceManager module, and search for all tasks/requisitions.
  2. Add the Access Queue permission (All objects of this type) to this role. This will allow any member of this role to "see" anything they can search for in ServiceManager, but it will not present them with any ac

The behavior that you have in RC2006 -- in which all performers can search for all tasks and requisitions using Filter and Search -- was removed in RC2007 to give customers more control over who can see what in ServiceManager. As part of the new role-based access control, this has now been replaced with a specific capability named "Perform Global Delivery Search". In addition, the Perform Work and Manage Work permissions in RC2006 have been replaced with an Access Queue permission in RC2007 which now wor

Hi all,

Is there anyway this can be narrowed to a particular queue/service?  We have a particular service, delivery provided by a single team with a detailed authorization workflow and they would like to be able to review where the service is in the workflow.

This would entail them seeing all authorization tasks for a service (but we'd like to keep the rest of the services hidden).

Thanks

I'm happy to hear about the roles available in RC2007.....but I'm confused.  I think anyone with access to ServiceManager can already see all tasks/requisitions, using Filter & Search.

If they do not have any tasks, or permissions to write, then they see the info, but cannot Update anything.

What am I missing?  How is the new roles-concept different from what we have in RC2006?

Hi Morgan,

Unfortunately, since roles are applied to organizational entities -- People, OUs, Groups -- there is not a way to restrict this on the basis of a single service or a single queue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: