Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular user update/import?

Does anyone have a process where they regularly create/refresh user profile data from an external source?  For example, a nightly process that would create new users and mark users inactive as appropriate?  We're seeing if this is a viable option if we don't have real-time access to our directory for user logins, OOB, person search, etc.  Thanks for any input.

Everyone's tags (1)
7 REPLIES

We do currently use a user import routine that does as you're describing.  It was developed long before LDAP was a viable option here at Starbucks.

We're also using v2004 of RC...

Would you like to know the overview of the integration?

I'd like to hear about it too, since we're looking for a way to deactivate users in RequestCenter based on Term Lists or info from ldap.  --Thanks, Scott

Would love to hear about it.

we were thinking about it, Prof Services Group can customize such an component for you, but it will cost you

We have an HR system that interacts with Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Management (ILM).  ILM is a metaverse of person data.  It also manages the rules that are followed for network account provisioning, deprovisioning and changes.  We receive updates of person data from ILM every 4 hours to a management table on the RequestCenter SQL server.

This table has triggers that will move records to staging tables that our integration application runs against.  We run a nightly load that processes adds, cha

James - would it be possible for you to share this diagram overview with my company as we are in the middle of a project that could leverage this functionality?  I would appreciate it.  I can be reached at "bhojwanir@saic.com"

We're running RC 2008.2, and I'm discovering (we're new to RequestCenter) that when people are brought into RequestCenter, their information is brought in through LDAP, but when the information is then changed locally (i.e. the Home OU is changed) and they log-out and log back in that information is not 'refreshed' by the through the LDAP connection putting the person in the correct Home OU again, even though we have the Home OU mapped to the people information department in AD.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content