Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Renaming admin user account

In OrganizationDesigner, is there a way to change the name of the admin account so that it appears friendlier in the logs/history?

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES

No one is using the admin login; however, the system uses this account to record messages such as ("An email has been sent...", "... has completed task.", etc..).  Can this account name be changed.

We would also like to change this from "admin", as our auditors feel this is too explicative and would prefer a different name.  Is it possible?

I'll answer your question with another question: why are people logging in as admin? That should really be reserved for truly administrative functions, and not doing stuff with service forms that gets written to logs/history. It is very easy to create additional accounts that have identical privileges to the admin user (simply put a user in the Site Administration organization or give them Site Administration role). That way whatever names and login information you assign to these users would show up in

I think you would be ok with changing admin's lastname and firstname.

Our site is running 2008.3

Yes this is possible...we changed it at our site.   It requires a database SQL to be executed.   disclaimer: Our admin account has a personid = 1...not sure if this is by default...i believe it is.

To check, run: "select* from dirperson where personid = 1"

this should retrieve the admin account.

To update the first and last name:

update dirperson set firstname = '****' where personid = 1
update dirperson set lastname = '****' where pers

Views
Helpful
Replies