Helpful
Replies

Request Center and Internet Explorer 8

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

Request Center and Internet Explorer 8

Hi,

Has anyone had the chance to test Request Center with Internet Explorer 8? If so, have you had any issues with it?

We are currently using Request Center 2007.1

Thanks,

Wesley.

12 Replies 12

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Enrico, Unfornately, we haven't received any feedback at all.

Hi Wesley, I'm sorry that there hasn't been a reply to your question. Do you still have this question open, or have you gotten an answer from somewhere else?

KeyBank is planning on moving to IE8 before the end of the year and we are preparing to do some detailed testing in the next few weeks. I will post our findings here.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

We use IE7 - and had to change our stylesheets to support it

It sounds like you were actually asking if other customers have been using IE8.

Currently IE8 is not on newScale's platform support matrix, but there are tentative plans (dependent on market adoption / customer demand) to include it in a future release.

Archana Menon
Level 1
Level 1

We have done a few testing using RequestCentre in IE8.

The forms shows errors after the ordering phase of the services.

At times, you may not able to view the Comments and History Panel ( on the right of the form). The command buttons (Approve/ Reject & Done) seem to work fine.

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Oracle 9i
Websphere 5.11

One of our users installed IE8 and it generated errors and the select buttons didnt show up.

So I asked the user to set the browser to "compatability mode" and the form was reloaded correctly.  That is the only testi we have done.

We are planning on more extensive testing later.

Daniel
Safeway Inc.

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

We noticed that there is a difference in the presentation of the page when the URL resolves to an Internet site vs an Intranet site.

For example:

http://servername/RequestCenter (intranet site)

http://internal.company.com/RequestCenter (internet site)

Both URL's could be pointing to the same application location, but how the browser interprets those URL's is different.  Keep that

This is a newScale update for this thread.

IE8 is not currently supported for any newScale versions. We are not yet adding IE8 support with newScale 9, due to be released in a few weeks.

We do keep an updated platform matrix on the Technical Publications web site, and I recommend checking that periodically for updates:

Platform Matrix

Ricardo Cortez
Level 1
Level 1

We are also planning to move to IE8 and will start testing soon. Is there any further feedback on using IE8 with RC 2008.2?

We are using RequestCenter with IE 8 since last year. Please check with the NSS(technical support team), they should have a hot fix for IE 8.

Neeraj,

Where can i find this hotfix?

How does RequestCenter and Internet Explorer 8 work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: