Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RequestCenter emails not rendering correctly in Outlook 2007

I'm having an problem where the RequestCenter automated emails are losing most of their HTML formatting when viewed in Outlook 2007.  When I look at the same email in Outlook 2003, the HTML formatting is fine.  Here's a picture of the same email displayed in Outlook 2003 and 2007:

When I view the source HTML of the email, I noticed that there are duplicate HTML, HEAD, and BODY tags that have been automatically added by RequestCenter.  Apparently these extra tags are ignored by Outlook 2003, but cause problems with Outlook 2007.

This picture shows the HTML source in RequestCenter's HTML editor compared to the HTML source from within Outlook with the extra tags.

I tried removing the HTML, HEAD, and BODY tags in the HTML editor, but the editor puts the tags back in when you save it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Scott

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

We've actually had the same problem and had opened a ticket with customer care - it's the editor that's in the version we have (or had, since we are going through the upgrade).  What we've had to do is embed xml tags in the body of the email too, and then the team that processes the email has a little application that will process the data in the tags and strip the HTML that the editor applies.  Not much help, I know. 

I've heard a rumor that the issue is fixed in 2007 with the new text editor - I'

Views
Helpful
Replies