cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Required fields for Creating Service Items using RAPI service

Raghu Rachuri
Level 1
Level 1

I looked thru the Integration guide on required fields/data to create a Service Item and automatically assign a Customer to the Service Item. I was able to create Service Item using the standard RAPI call (that has a plan task to create SI) but was not able to get the SI assigned to the 'customer' in the soap call. After random testing, I found that the SI gets assigned to a customer if we somehow send the 'customerid' data. Wondering if this is right.

The real question for a 3rd party system trying to submit a RAPI call to create/update SI is how does they get the 'customerid' data. It would have been nice if the SI gets assigned to the 'customer'. Any thoughts/inputs on avoiding to send customerid yet get the SI assigned ? Thank you!

3 Replies 3

sotoh
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure why you needed to submit a service request or use RAPI to create a service item.  You can create a service item using the REST-based nsAPI, and assign the subscriber or customer.

Create Service Item (One or multiple instances)
URL: http://<ServerURL>/RequestCenter/nsapi/serviceitem/process
Method: POST

A sample XML payload of this call is as follows, with "jane_user" as the customer.

<serviceitem>
   <name>Laptop</name>
   <serviceitemdata>
       <serviceitemattribute name="Name">JJJJ asdsad </serviceitemattribute>
      <serviceitemattribute name="Zip">94086</serviceitemattribute>
      <subscription><loginid>jane_user</loginid></subscription>  
   </serviceitemdata>
</serviceitem>

Please refer to http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/datacenter_mgmt/intel_auto/service_portal/v_10_0/user_guides/CiscoPrimeServiceCatalog_10_0_IntegrationGuide.pdf for details about nsAPI.

Thanks Song for your quick response. The reason for using SOAP call is that we want to keep track of these calls by creating requisitions, and looks like we don't create a requisition using REST call, isn't it ?

You do not need to use a service request just to generate activity history for service items.  Actions that were performed on service items are tracked regardless of how they are invoked.  If the service item was changed via a service request, the service item history will show a requisition ID.  Otherwise, the action will still show up in the history listing, just without the requisition ID.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: