Helpful
Replies

Requisitions going back to customers for more information

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

Requisitions going back to customers for more information

Hi,

Have anyone been faced to a situation where a requisition requires more information from a customer after it has been sent for fulfilment? The only possible way we have thought is to give every single user in RequestCenter access to the ServiceManager module. Then the service team will send an ad-hoc task to the customer requesting for more information. We have not yet implemented this but we would greatly appreciate if someone can give us an idea on way of doing this.

Thanks for your help,

Wesley.

10 Replies 10

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

Both providers and customers have access to COmments and History - very powerfull stuff

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

When a customer is filling out the form and submitting the request, we want them to be finished with their part of the request.  From there, they should only be receiving notifications.

What prevents the request from gathering all of the required information from the customer up front?

Thanks!

Another thought; why can't the permissions be added to certain dictionaries to allow the customer to edit them in the delivery moment to provide more information?

Perhaps an email to the customer prompting them to go back into the ticket and provide further details would be all that is required then.

Morgen Carson - Rio Tinto

Another aproach to consider is the use of Review tasks during the approval moment. After the customer has submitted the request, send a Review task to IT so they can review the request for completeness. Then, based on that review, have a Review task conditionally sent back to the customer so that they can provide additional information.

Darwin Hammons
Level 1
Level 1

Ed, What condition could be used if the Review task is more of a check and not a pass or fail? I know this is an old thread, but as a new customer to RC more explaination would be helpful.

Thanks,

Hi Darwin,

Glad you asked! My original post on this topic here is a bit misleading in that I say  "have a Review task conditionally sent back to the customer".

In fact, since Review tasks are a concurrent process, we really couldn't have a second, conditional Review task. We'd have to have this second task actually be an Approval task that goes back to the customer.

Having said that, you could give the IT reviewer a "Send this back to the customer?" Yes/No radio button, and the

Fred Pitman
Level 1
Level 1

Another thing to consider is the overall process after collecting the additional data ... when a customer provides the additional information, does the transaction need to go back to the approver for final costing or an approve/reject decision?

If so, the best approach might be to reject the transaction, with some comments as to why the request was not considered complete, and have the customer submit a new request.

Fred., we also has the same problem. Thought the suggestion proposed by you. But, Rejection won't be useful. What if the form is lengthy and the user has to enter more data? What if the clarification is to know about a single value selection in the form or just a clarification to understand of the request completely? In this case, it would be better to have a functionality for clarifications.

The suggestion i have is: Have a different section for clarification (editable for customer and appropriate people - approver / service team), and update the form with the clarification. Have a field to trigger email notification.

Here comes the question: Is it possible to trigger an email template via a button click in the form? This is not a separate task. Within any workflow task / approval / review, it could be useful to have an email triggered via a button click.

Any idea?!?

Darwin Hammons
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the comments / options. I think both are worth some thought when designing a request to meet customer needs.

Meghan Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Just thought I would ask the question here, seeing as some people appear to be following the thread - how do other places deal with the customer 'completing' the request?

By this I mean, we quite often send equipment to remote sites. It would be nice if our customers could come in to their request and nominate it is as complete. At the moment, they are emailing us then we'll go back to the request and close out any remaining tasks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: