Views
Helpful
Replies

Requisitions that are never approved

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

Requisitions that are never approved

I'm wondering what other companies are doing (if anything) about requisitions that never get approved.  Is there any bad side effect or strange metrics that are produced if there is an ever growing pool of requests that are basically in limbo?  We're on 2006.0.6. 

When we first implemented RC, professional services recommended putting an escalation in that would notify us (administrators) when an approval task was way overdue so that we could cancel the request.  Well now that we're actually using the system we've discovered that it isn't even possible to cancel the request during the approval moment (only the requestor can).  We could "reject" the approval, although that isn't really what we want to do and may cause more confusion with the customer.

So I'm hoping someone out there with a more mature install has some wisdom for me.  I'm hoping that its fine to just ignore the requests that are never approved, but I don't want to find out later on that it was a mistake :)

23 Replies 23

Tylor,

We (Dominion Power) have not implemented an explicit process that directly handles unapproved requests proactively.   We have included the maximum escalations to try to minimize this issue, but are pushing the approval responsibility to the "service group authorization" party.   I do agree...it would be very confusing to the customer if they randomly get a cancellation email, especially without an explanation.   If the "requested for" needs their&

Scott Stauffer
Level 1
Level 1

Tylor,

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you - but we've got the same issue with about 200 outstanding old approval requests.  I too don't want to reject them because it will confuse the users, besides the fact that it would take a lot of time to manually open each request and reject it.

So, the requests are just sitting there...

Scott

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue  (about 1000)  We are on 2006.0.7.1

Just so that you are aware, an irritating side effect of delayed approval is that if the service is ch

We are implementing escalations to remind the designated approver (we have 2 setup - 10 working days, then 5 working days).  If the request is not approved 5 days after the second reminder, we inform the requester to follow-up with the approver.(third escalation)  Then 5 days after this, our admins get notified  (fourth) and we reject since this is the only option right now. 

This will replace a manual effort - we have a report we run that shows request over 30 days old tha

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

This may be a silly question, but what do you all view is the harm in leaving these requests alone?  No action taken and they remain in the system as is.

Just looking for some feedback, that's all.

Thanks!

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

The only issue that I see is the corruption of the approval (which happens to us frequently).

Hi Daniel,

What do you mean corruption of approval?

Just curious never heard that phrase before.......

Hi Taylor,

We have had RequestCentre up and running since Feb 07,

Our approval process goes like this

Step 1 -

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

The Corruption of  Approval is this...

When the performer clicks on Approve or Reject they get the  error
" Our Apologies... Click Continue etc"

We currently have about 12,000 requisitions in ongoing status.  Not sure what percentage of that 12K are waiting for an approval.  I'm assuming it's a lot.  We are currently trying to figure out a way to cancel the requistions without the emails firing off to our customers.  Has anyone firgured this out?

sakam
Level 1
Level 1

We also faced the similar kind of issue in our environments, but we have created different service Id's whenever we do a new migration (whenever there are any new tasks or approvals are involved) to avoid these kind of issues. You have to rename the previous version of this service and keep the same name for the new service id that is getting migrated, so that users will not get confused. They will have the same service name available for ordering.

newScale 2006 versions works on the Service ID val

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to cancel a requisition using RAPI/ServiceLink. I don’t have any experience with it. I read in Page 61 of newScale_2007_1_ServiceLin

Archana Menon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We also had the same problem as mentioned by Daniel. However, we realized that his happens because one of the Requisition tasks status gets set to 'Staffing' (mainly the monitor task).  The solution for this is to set the task status to complete from the DB end(we ask the NewScale support to do this for).

Thanks, Archana

My suggestion would be to get newScale to provide us with a DB script that will remove reqs (and all associated references) by req#.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: